#CiscoChampion Radio is a podcast series by technologists for technologists. In this episode, Cisco Champion Scott Hogg discusses IPv6 with Tim Martin and Shannon McFarland and others at Cisco Live in Orlando.
Get the Podcast
- Listen to this episode in SoundCloud
- Check out all Season 5 episodes in iTunes
- Listen to Seasons 1-4 in iTunes
Cisco Champion Host
- Scott Hogg (@scotthogg), Cisco Champion member, CTO.
- Tim Martin (@bckcntryskr), Product Sales Specialist, Hall of Fame Distinguished Speakers.
- Shannon McFarland (@eyepv6), Distinguished Consulting Engineer, Hall of Fame Distinguished Speakers.
- Ed Horley (@ehorley), IPv6 Center of Excellence – Technical Advisory Board.
- Tom Coffeen (@ipv6tom), Chief IPv6 Evangelist and Distinguished Architect.
Podcast Discussion Topics
- 6th anniversary of the IPv6 launch
- Status of IPv6
- Where enterprise are at in deploying IPv6
- Gaps that prevent successful adoption in the enterprise space
- Facebook and T-Mobile’s role in v6
- Use cases for a v6 native installation
- The importance of education in IPv6 adoption
- The IoT opportunity
- Routing and addressing planning
- Cost savings of IPv6
- Horley math
- Traffic steering and service chaining with IPv6
- Segment routing, SRV6
- IPv6 header structure
- IPv6 Security book by Scott Hogg
- IPv6 address planning book by Tom Coffeen (Riley & Assoc)
- Beyond dual stack session CLUS (Monday) with Mark Townsley
- Hitchhikers guide to IPV6
- IPv6 sessions at Cisco Live Orlando 2018
- FLPRST-2116; BRKRST-2116
- Infoblox IPv6 Center of Excellence
- Rocky Mountiain IPv6 Taskforce
- California IPv6 Taskforce
Listen in and provide us feedback, we would love to hear from you!
The post #CiscoChampion Radio, S5|Ep.18: IPv6, are we there yet? appeared first on Rocky Mountain IPv6 Taskforce.